Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] 'any' on Solaris 10?

From: "Stefan A." <lists@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:01:39 +0200
Hi,

I'm new to Solaris but have been using ethereal for some years.

(1) on SuSe 8and on Windows?), there is an 'any' interface available, which
captures all packets on all interfaces.
On Solaris (eri and qfe) this interface seems to be not available.
Schould it? (I got the package from sunfreeware dot com)

(2) I'm using a lot of subinterfaces on the box (qfe0:1 ... 18). What I've
expirienced in addition is, that I can not see packets sent from one
subinterface to an other (e.g. qfe0:2 > qfe0:6), which I have to use fpor
testing purposes.

(3) An other thing: If I'm using the promiscous mode on the Interface, I can
not see any packets leaving th box over a subinterface. The answers are
captured fine. (e.g. I see the RADIUS Access Accept and two Accounting ACKs
for a single RADIUS Session).

Can anybody please give me a short hint on these topics?
I read the digest and list archive, but it is hard to find something, if the
question belongs to keywords like 'any' or 'interface' or 'subinterface' :(

Best wishes
Stefan