Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] reading an "incorrect Checksum" with a SnoopCapture

From: James Garrison <jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:15:21 -0500
Is the server's NIC gigabit ethernet?  If so, all outgoing
packets probably have "incorrect checksum" because the
checksum calculation doesn't happen in the server, but on
the NIC, long after the packet has been captured.

julien lecomte wrote:
Hi,
I would like some help about a problem: At the end of a backup, I have an "Incorrect checksum" in a [FIN, ACK] packet sent by the server where snoop is capturing the packets. Can you tell me how Ethereal is deducing this? Usually, we see a Incorrect checksum at the destination or because the destination did not send an ACK message for this packet?

--
James Garrison                                Athens Group, Inc.
mailto:jhg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                    5608 Parkcrest Dr