Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] non-switching ethernet hub

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:45:37 +0200
Gerald Combs wrote:

>Do you have the model number?  It might be handy to have a list of hubs
>vs switches on the wiki.

Is a hub reference in the wiki really required?

There was need for the switch reference as there must be special care
taken to use the mirror port.

As hubs are simply "plug in cable and go on", I don't think we need a
list of hubs, as all hubs will do the capturing job, it's their job by
definition :-)

Or am I missing something here?

The real question is: where to get such a hub? I don't know of any
source that still sells hubs these days, so if someone knows a source(s)
we might want to have a wiki page about that.

In the end, we might want to have a measuring hardware page, where we
could collect (or point to) such information ...

Regards, ULFL