Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] non-switching ethernet hub

From: Jack Jackson <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 11:57:15 -0700
At 02:45 AM 7/16/2005, Ulf Lamping wrote:

There was need for the switch reference as there must be special care
taken to use the mirror port.

As hubs are simply "plug in cable and go on", I don't think we need a
list of hubs, as all hubs will do the capturing job, it's their job by
definition :-)

Or am I missing something here?

Many devices with "hub" in their name are actually switches. All of the "hubs" that I have bought in the last couple of years are actually switches.