Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] libPCAP file Format

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:20:34 -0700
LEGO wrote:

but there are three (small) issues with Net::Pcap:
- you cannot set the DLT of the file you want to write (I crashed
against this once).
- you have to be able to make it in the target system (Once I was
unable to do it)
- you need either to start capturing or to open a file for reading
  in order to be able to open a file for writing.

The first and third of those are limitations of older versions of libpcap.

If Net::Pcap supports pcap_open_dead() on systems that have it, that can be used to fix those two cases.