Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] How to get Linux ethereal to decode private/enterprise MIBs aga

From: ron flory <ron.flory@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:58:08 -0500
hi-

 Older versions of Ethereal used to decode private/enterprise MIBs
in the capture window, but I have been unable to figure out how
to get this working correctly with 0.10.x versions.

 Normal commandline snmp get/set/walk programs all correctly
decode my private/enterprise MIBs for root and other users, only
ethereal seems to be having problems.  Is MIB decode disabled
in Ethereal?

 In the past, simply setting "MIBS='ALL'" did the trick, but now
nothing helps, even moving the mib files to /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs
does not trick ethereal into decoding private/enterprise MIBs.

- FC2 SMP x86 machine.
- net-snmp 5.2.1 is present, built from official sources.
- ethereal -vh reports:

ethereal 0.10.11
Compiled with GTK+ 2.4.0, with GLib 2.4.0, with libpcap 0.8.3,
with libz 1.2.1.1, without libpcre, with Net-SNMP 5.2.1, without ADNS.
NOTE: this build doesn't support the "matches" operator for Ethereal filter
syntax.

ron