Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Bug in packet-X11.c

From: "Cummins, Scott R" <scott.r.cummins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:17:28 -0400

Not sure where to post bugs, but decided to start here.  I am running Ethereal 0.10.10 on Windows XP, SP2.  When attempting to analyze files which contain X11 packets, Ethereal crashes at line 4842 of packet-X11.c with a divide by 0 error (length / state->keysyms_per_keycode).  The Visual Studio debugger indicates both “length” and “state->keysyms_per_keycode” to be 0 when the error occurs.  The error does not always occur on the same packet, but in the same general area of the capture file.  I can provide the capture file if requested.

Thanks,

Scott Cummins