Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ./confugure script for 0.10.11 incorrectly reports openssl not

From: ron flory <ron.flory@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:32:38 -0500
hi-

 ./configure of Ethereal incorrectly reports openssl is not
present, so it disables net-snmp support.

from config.log:

 configure:27063: result: Net-SNMP requires openssl but ssl not
 enabled - disabling Net-SNMP

 Manually appending '--with-ssl=/lib' to the configure script
squeeks around this.  Even though 'ssl' support may be disabled by
default, net-snmp IS enabled by default (if present), and it IS present.

 This issue has been present for a very long time.  Is this intentional
behaviour?  Wouldn't one assume we'd first look in /libs for ssl libs?
Should /lib be added to the default libs search path list?

- FC2 SMP x86 machine.
- openssl 0.5.1-21.1 (RPM) is present
- /lib/libssl.so.0.9.7a is present
- net-snmp 5.2.1 is present, built from official sources.
- tethereal -vh reports:

ethereal 0.10.11
Compiled with GTK+ 2.4.0, with GLib 2.4.0, with libpcap 0.8.3,
with libz 1.2.1.1, without libpcre, with Net-SNMP 5.2.1, without ADNS.
NOTE: this build doesn't support the "matches" operator for Ethereal filter
syntax.

Running with libpcap version 0.8.3 on Linux 2.6.8.1.

ron