Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Re: Difference with RPC and DCE RPC

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 23:36:06 -0700
ronnie sahlberg wrote:

DCE/RPC is the other popular RPC emchanism developed by NCA

Presumably you mean "developed by Apollo"; NCA (Network Communications Architecture) was Apollo's predecessor to DCE, and DCE/RPC is a descendant of NCA RPC.

There are other RPC mechanisms in use as well, as ...
and the fringe RX mechanism

Used by AFS.

Another RPC mechanisms is XML RPC:

	http://www.xmlrpc.com/

(no prizes for guessing what format is used to marshall arguments in XML RPC :-)).