Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] OSX 10.4

From: Kim Young <repairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:31:43 -0000
Greetings,

I used the X11 xTerm CLI to try to run ethereal and got this:

NetTechs-eMac:~ kimy$ /sw/bin/ethereal
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual

I tried the same thing on OSX terminal CLI and got this:

NetTechs-eMac:~ kimy$ /sw/bin/ethereal

(ethereal:343): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
NetTechs-eMac:~ kimy$

I tried to edit the X11 Applications menu to include Ethereal. The menu now has ethereal in it but when I select it nothing happens.

Any ideas what to try next?

Thanks