Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] tethereal io,stat disregard filtering

From: "Veiko Graeveling" <veiko.graeveling@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 19:58:19 +0200

Hi,

> root@Monitor:/mnt/sda1/tethereal# tethereal -r capture.small.14h253 -z io,stat,10,mmse.message_type==0x81,mmse.message_type==0x83 -q

I had some problems with this feature too (using 0.10.11) . Even very simply filters did not work, like "ip.addr==....."

Did you had attention for your LOCALE settings?

I tested for a while, there is a solution: The scanf function consumes the comma between interval and filter _expression_.

At least at my (german) locale settings, there must be at the "interval value" a , instead of . (that means a comma!)

Maybe, writing "-z io,stat,10,0,mmse.message_type==0x81,mmse.message_type==0x83" will work. By giving a real float as "10,0" for interval value, the scanf function will get its comma for interpreting a decimal value and the rest of parameter will be interpreted as filter _expression_.

With me, this _expression_ reflected in accurately behavior.

Regards,

Veiko