Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] automated testing with ethereal

From: "Oren Mazor" <oren.mazor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:02:10 -0400
Hi all,

my question may seem a little strange. I'm using ethereal as a component in relatively automated testing of a system. The tricky part is that the network is constantly being flooded with packets. the packets have an identification field and in most cases are identical. however, when a certain event occurs, the identification field changes to signify this. then when an event changes, then this field changes some more. is there any way to make ethereal display only unique packets based on this field? for example, say i have 300 packets. in the first 100 the field is A. in the second the field is B, and in the third is C. can I make ethereal only show me three packets?

thanks
Oren