Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal Usage Query !

From: "Anders Broman (AL/EAB)" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 18:13:11 +0200
Hi,
Thats a very genereal question but...
If you are testing a protocol which Ethereal can decode you make a trace on a "session" where the protocol is used then you use Ethereal
to "look" at the session and se that the expected bits in all messages are correct comparing with the standard document(s) and that the flow of events/Messages are as expected.

If it's a new protocol or you are using enhancemnents not yet implemented in Ethereal you need to add them to Ethereal first.
Best regards
Anders