Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re:Can't capture packets

From: Andrew Lee <xyzalee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:56:22 +1000
I previously wrote:

> Hello
>
> When I attempt to capture packets, Ethereal aborts with the following
> error:
>
> ** ERROR **: file capture.c: line 89 (capture_start): assertion
> failed: (capture_opts->state == CAPTURE_STOPPED)
> aborting...
> Abort trap
>
> I am running Mac OS X 10.3.9 with all the current updates from Apple.
> I am using Ethereal 0.10.11-11 installed using Fink.
> I am using the version of Fink that is included in the Mac OS X 0.7.1
> Installer package.

Well here is an update. Previously only the source for ethereal (0.10.11-11) had been available. I happened to update the Fink package list today and a binary package (0.10.9-11) appeared. So I installed that. Now I have tethereal and it seems to be working. I think that will be sufficient to complete the job I need to do. As I get the opportunity I will try again to get the GTK version working. Is anyone out there aware of any issues with GTK and Mac OS X?

regards
Andrew