Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] problem with RTP statistics

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 06:25:51 +1000
I belive that technically SKYPE is not VoIP.
VoIP is voice channels signalled through either SIP or H.323, both of
which ethereal supports.
Skype use afaik some proprietary protocol no one has bothered to implement yet.

In order to determine what is what is not RTP  ethereal needs to see
the signalling of the ports used by RTP. Ethereal can not see the
signalling used by skype since there is no dissector for it.

You can select the UDP packets manually and use DecodeAs to specify
they are RTP,
or  wait until someone might maybe add support to the signalling
protocols used by skype.