Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] "cannot open display"

From: "Ben McGee" <Ben.McGee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:57:10 +1000
Title: "cannot open display"

G'day,

I'm a luddite trying to use ethereal previously installed and, I assume working, on a remote Unix server in my company.
When I enter
ethereal
I get "- Gtk - warning **! cannot open display"
any ideas please?

Ben McGee
Senior Network Engineer, Work Group
Core & Consumer Operations
Our Customers, Our People - Our Service
‘yes’ Optus

Phone: +61 2 9342 0029
Fax: +61 2 9342 0017
Mobile: 0412 010 545
<<mailto:ben.mcgee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
****DISCLAIMER****
This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must not disclose this email to anyone without express permission from the sender. The contents of all emails sent to, and received from, Optus may be scanned, stored, or disclosed to others by Optus at Optus' discretion. Optus has exercised care to avoid errors in the information contained in this email but does not warrant that the information is error or omission free.