Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Calculate Time Difference for each SYN-SYN/ACK pairs

From: Lim Boon Ping <syseeker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 01:12:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

:) The error message shows that  "GopDef: Pdu 'tcppdu' does not exist in tcp.mate:18". At line 18,  I changed   On=tcppdu to On=tcp. Ethereal works properly!

However, tethereal doesn't append any extra info provided by Mate. I key in a few commands as shown below, but nothing is shown after the default column info (mate.tcp_ses.Duration is expected). :| .

tethereal -r  mylogfile.pcap -z proto,colinfo,mate.tcp.synack,mate.tcp_ses.Duration  > output.txt
tethereal -r  mylogfile.pcap -z proto,colinfo,tcp.flags==0x12,mate.tcp_ses.Duration  > output.txt

A test of entering -->  tethereal -r  mylogfile.pcap -z proto,colinfo,tcp.flags==0x12,tcp.flags  > output.txt
produces correct output,   "tcp.flags == 0x12" is shown after default column info of every SYNACK packet.

Looking forwards for some hint to overcome this last obstacle! :) . Thanks.

regards,
Jocelyn

LEGO <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

could you add:

Action="" Debug_Cfg=5;

as the first line of the file open it with tethereal and then send me
the console output.

Thanks

-- Marshall McLuhan