Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Help

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:40:51 -0500
On 04:20 PM 3/6/2005, Bruno Mezioud wrote:
>I thought so too. And what would you say is a good source of  basic network protocols knowledge for us beginers (be it written, electronic or else) ?
>Thanks for sharing your knowledge,

There's a lot of art in protocol analysis.  Though Ethereal makes finding faulty apps much much easier.  Some *MUST* reads are:

1)  Stevens' TCP/IP Illustrated (assuming you're using it for IP)
2)  Syngress Publishing's book on Ethereal is good if you want to learn the mechanics of using Ethereal.
3)  Mark Miller's Troubleshooting TCP/IP is good as well.
4)  Comer's TCP/IP book is also quite good.

hsb