Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Ethereal-usersHow to add SNMP MIBS under Windows?

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns36@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:49:46 -0800
>>>>> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:38:52 -0500, <paul.sellnow@xxxxxxx> said:

paul> I've seen a few Linux posts on this, but nothing specific about
paul> adding MIBS under Windows. I have added the MIB files to the
paul> ethereal/snmp/mibs directory under Program Files, and have added
paul> the MIB names to the "MIB Modules to Load" dialogue box in the
paul> Preferences:SNMP window, but I still get raw ASN notation in my
paul> decodes.

The mibs should be placed in the run-time location for Net-SNMP.  I'm
not sure where this is under windows (I don't use windows), but I'm
betting its something like C:\usr\share\mibs or something.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta