Ethereal-users: ARe: [Ethereal-users] Help me to COMPILE ethereal !!

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:35:46 +0100
Hi,

You don't have to build those packages, you can download them with the Ethereal makefiles. Read the README.win32 file, it provides a good start. Don't forget to copy the VCVARS.bat (or VCVARS32.bat) to your Ethereal environment, so you have it at hand when building. You also need some tools from cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/) like perl, python, sed etc (they get tested with the "setup" target).

Best regards,

Olivier

----- Original Message ----- From: Zertsekel, Kostantin

I really want to understand Ethereal and to contribute, but this time I can't even to compile this.

this is the output of build.bat:

c:\ethereal-win32-libs\net-snmp-5.1.2\win32>build

Net-SNMP build and install options
==================================

1. OpenSSL support:      disabled
2. Platform SDK support: disabled

3. Install path:         c:/usr
4. Install after build:  enabled

5. Perl modules:         disabled
6. Install perl modules: disabled

7. Quiet build (logged): enabled
8. Debug mode:           disabled
9. IPv6 transports:      disabled

F. Finished - start build
Q. Quit - abort build

Select option to set / toggle: 2

Net-SNMP build and install options
==================================

1. OpenSSL support:      disabled
2. Platform SDK support: enabled

3. Install path:         c:/usr
4. Install after build:  enabled

5. Perl modules:         disabled
6. Install perl modules: disabled

7. Quiet build (logged): enabled
8. Debug mode:           disabled
9. IPv6 transports:      disabled

F. Finished - start build
Q. Quit - abort build

Select option to set / toggle: f

Building...

Creating *.out log files.

Deleting old log files...
Running Configure...
Cleaning...
Building main package...
Build error (see make.out) at build.pl line 179, <> line 2.
c:\ethereal-win32-libs\net-snmp-5.1.2\win32>