Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] pcap: File has 4294949296-byte packet, bigger than maximum

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:55:51 -0800
Stephen Youndt wrote:

Stef, I also get the same error when I load snoop files.

...which means the underlying problem might be below the layer that understands libpcap or snoop files.

What does the "Help > About Ethereal" dialog, or "tethereal -v" or "ethereal -v", report? If it says "with libz", this *might* be an issue with libz - I think there have been issues with some versions of libz that show up even with uncompressed files.