Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] pcap: File has 4294949296-byte packet, bigger than maximum

From: Stef <stefmit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:15:28 -0600
Off the original topic, but just because you use Mac, like I do:

[scm@Stef scm]$ fink list |grep ethereal
 i      ethereal        0.10.7-12       Powerful network protocol analyzer
        ethereal-ssl    0.10.7-12       Powerful network protocol
analyzer (with SSL)

which implies that the latest version is 0.10.7. I am willing to bet
that you do not have the "unstable" brench of fink among your sources.
It is worth, trust me - I have never found anything "unstable" there,
but have found many updates for existing programs - just FYI for any
other Mac users of ethereal ...

Stef

P.S. Sorry coudn't help on the main issue :(

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:08:52 -0500, Stephen Youndt
<syoundt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just tested it on my Mac, and it works fine with 0.10.3, which is the
> newest available through Fink.

<snip>