Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Error when trying to run 'make'

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:05:49 -0800
Andrew Knapp wrote:
I am trying to compile ethereal with GIOP plugins on a Solaris 9 SPARC machine. I have created the necessary .c files by using the idl2eth.sh script included in the ethereal-0.10.7 distro. I have also edited plugins/giop/Makefile.am and plugins/giop/Makefile.nmake to include the .c files I generated.

Did you do anything to regenerate the plugins/giop/Makefile.in file from the Makefile.am file?

I can run ./configure from the ethereal-0.10.7 and it seems to finish ok. However, when I run ‘make’, I get this error while compiling:

Is that "/usr/bin/make" or "/usr/ccs/bin/make" (I forget what directory has the Sun make in Solaris), or is it GNU make?