Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Error when trying to run 'make'

From: "Andrew Knapp" <aknapp@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:59:52 -0500

I am trying to compile ethereal with GIOP plugins on a Solaris 9 SPARC machine.  I have created the necessary .c files by using the idl2eth.sh script included in the ethereal-0.10.7 distro.  I have also edited plugins/giop/Makefile.am and plugins/giop/Makefile.nmake to include the .c files I generated.

I can run ./configure from the ethereal-0.10.7 and it seems to finish ok.  However, when I run ‘make’, I get this error while compiling:

creating libdfilter.la

(cd .libs && rm -f libdfilter.la && ln -s ../libdfilter.la libdfilter.la)

Making all in dissectors

make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 1017: Unexpected end of line seen

Current working directory /home/aknapp/ethereal-0.10.7/epan/dissectors

*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Current working directory /home/aknapp/ethereal-0.10.7/epan

*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Current working directory /home/aknapp/ethereal-0.10.7

*** Error code 1

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

any ideas?

Thanks,

-ADK