Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Re: 802.1p packet marking / detection

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:09:12 -0800
Chris T. wrote:
I read the FAQ and I am not sure I completly understand what they are saying. I had the following setup. A mitel phone plugged into a netgear hub which was then plugged into a cisco switch setup with trunking on the port. The phone is supposed to mark the packets with CoS 6 and vlan 102 this is what I am trying to verify. I then took my laptop with ethereal and plugged it into the hub made a call captured some packets and I don't see the 802.3 frame at all where it would be marking the packet as priority 6 or VLAN 102.

Is your machine configured to be *on* the VLAN?

If so, then:

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq#q5.36