Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: 802.1p packet marking / detection

From: "Chris T." <k0rnshell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 11:06:34 -0600
I read the FAQ and I am not sure I completly understand what they are
saying. I had the following setup. A mitel phone plugged into a netgear hub
which was then plugged into a cisco switch setup with trunking on the port.
The phone is supposed to mark the packets with CoS 6 and vlan 102 this is
what I am trying to verify. I then took my laptop with ethereal and plugged
it into the hub made a call captured some packets and I don't see the 802.3
frame at all where it would be marking the packet as priority 6 or VLAN 102.
I wouldn't think the hub would strip anything off the phone 's packets since
it is a dumb hub.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something here?

Thanks in advance.