Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] no packets

From: "Randy's Mail" <randysingleton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:18:22 -0700
Hello all:
	I am new to Ethereal and this group. I installed Ethereal with no errors,
but I don't see any packets when I do a capture.  I have two NICs and
Ethereal sees both of them, but I don't see any traffic during downloads on
either of the NICs. I am running XP Home w/SP2. I have been monitoring the
messages on this group for a few days and much of the conversation is over
my head, but it is very interesting.  I hope someday to be able to converse
at the level of this group.
	Sorry to bother the group with this, but can anyone point a newbie in the
right direction to get some help in troubleshooting and configuring
Ethereal? I have read the documentation that came with Ethereal, but it all
assumes Ethereal is already working. Thanks in advance for any help you can
provide.  Most humbly yours,

Randy Singleton