Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] capture question

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 02:16:44 -0800
infael . wrote:
I did a capture and am trying to figure out how to view the IP header for a TCP packet.

A summary of the top-level protocol for the packet will appear in the packet list pane of the Ethereal display; click on that packet, and a more detailed dissection of the packet will appear in the packet details pane. There will be a line in that pane that says "Internet Protocol" or something such as that. Open that line up - there'll be a triangle, or box with a "+" in it, or something such as that, to the left of "Internet Protocol"; click on that, and the line will open up. Under it will then be the details of the IP header.