Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] H.225 and H.245 versions in Etheral?

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:58:41 +0200
Ante Ugrina wrote:
> I found some fault in ethereal.
> We are sending H.225 Setup message from TTCNv3 and ethereal can not decode received message:
>
> H.225.0 CS
>     H323_UserInformation
>         H323_UU_PDU
>             h323_message_body
>                 h323_message_body: .... .000 : setup (0)
>                     SetupUUIE
>                         :
> :
> :
>                         fastStart
>                             Item 0
>                                 fastStart item length: 39
>                                 OpenLogicalChannel
>                                     LogicalChannelNumber: 1
>                                     forwardLogicalChannelParameters
>                                         DataType
> :
> :
> :
>                                         multiplexParameters
>                                             Choice -----------------------> here is the fault
>                                         something unknown here
>
> It seems that ethereal has general problem with decoding fastStart element in different H.225 messages
> (like Setup, Alerting....).

There shouldn't be general problem with fastStart (I have it in a lot of captures), but there could be a mistake in
H.245 dissector or PER dissector for
some specific scenario.

I will try to have a look it.

I didn't find any obvious mistake for forwardLogicalChannelParameters_multiplexParameters_choice,
forwardLogicalChannelParameters_sequence, ...
when I had a quick look.

I didn't find any difference between h245v10 and h245v9 that I thought could explain this specific problem either.

I might need some sample capture to try with.