Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] T.38 packet

From: "Todd Huang" <huangtodd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:53:55 +0800
Hi:

I tried to use the Ethereal (ver. 0.10.6) to analyze the captured T.38 traffic. Although the Ethereal could recognize the T.38 packets, each packet was interpreted as [Malformed Packet]. Please see the attached file. I don't know whether the T.38 packets were really incorrectly formated, or the Ethereal didn't know how to interpret it. Besides, some of the packets were
interpreted as [UNKNOWN PER: 10.9.3.8.1]. What did it mean?

   By the way, I has the following questions about UDPTL header format.

1. According to the T.38 (2002) ASN.1 notation, the item follows the seq-number of the UDPTL packet is the primary-ifp-packet. Why the item next to the seq-number was interpreted as
    primary_ifp_packet_length by Ethereal?

2. There are two error recovery methods (FEC & Redundancy) used for T.38 over UDP transportation. From what item or field could we know which method is used?

   Thanks for your kindly help.

            Todd

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/