Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] SEQ/ACK analysis, The RTT to ACK the segment was 'very large nu

From: Ciaran Finnegan <ciaran.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 18:16:04 +1000

Hi,

I’ve got three traces of a telnet session (either side of a wireless bridge link and on the other side of a NAT router).

When I run a filter tcp.analysis.ack_rtt>1 on each of the traces I see telnet data packets in both directions (some marked as [TCP out-of-order]) where the SEQ/ACK Analysis reports the RTT to ACK the segment was a number that is consistently 10971xxxxx.xx seconds. The traces were run over a period of four hours.

If I were more knowledgeable would this be making me emit satisfied little ‘ahaa’ noises?

Ta,

Ciaran.