Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Server Client Model

From: "Jason Isaac" <JasonIsaac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:04:29 -0700

You can sort of do that now.

I have a Linux box that sniffs some of our routers on a regular basis.  I setup a cron job to run a script that uses tethereal to sniff and dump to a file.  When something interesting happens I can open the sniff files with ethereal and take a look.  Right now, I open it on the same system, but I would think that I could transfer the sniff file to another system and open it with ethereal there.

Jason