Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Server Client Model

From: "Alex R" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:54:33 +0300

Hello,

I have recently looked at ethereal and found it a great sniffer. I think that having ethereal in a server client model would greatly benefit people. The reason for this is simple. First of all a lot of people use old linux boxes as a router and no run X on them. The same goes for servers. Rarely do people run remote sessions of X. A nice example of a program that works in a client server model is nessus. The nessusd can be installed on any POSIX OS. Then there is a client that can then be used to connect to any nessus server.

-Alex