Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] deencrypt SSL data packets

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:26:15 +0200
Title: Message

<We are trying to observe HTTPS traffic on the browser to our HTTPS server(Tomcat) behind a load-balancer(SSL Accelerator).
<Is it possible for us to tell Ethereal to deencrypt the data packets so that we can see what actually is being received from the server ?
<We have access to the certificate on the server(if that would help).

Hi, You cannot do this with Ethereal (at least not yet, but that may change in the future).

There is a program called ssldump that I think could be used if you have the right keying material.