Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problem with W2K Installation - follow up

From: "Cook, Bryan K." <bcook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:57:46 -0400
Title: Problem with W2K Installation - follow up

<original>
I installed Ethereal 0.9.11 and WinPcap 3.0 beta on one W2K machine and it runs fine. When I saw how useful this product will be, I installed both on a Thinkpad laptop.  When I launch the application on the laptop, the application screen never appears.  However, ethereal is running and using 95%+ of the processor.  What have I missed?

<new>
It appears that the problem is due to the MIBDIRS and MIBS environment variables pointing to items created when I installed Enterasys' software.  I saw in the archives where this has happened to someone else.  I am unclear as to the best solution.  Please advise.

TIA