Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal Shared Libraies Loading Errors

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:14:21 -0700
On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 04:08:15PM +0200, BUYCK Jacky FTRD/DMI/CAE wrote:
> 	I just get the following error using Ethereal :
> 		Error while loading shared libraries : ethereal
> undefined symbol : sprint_realloc_objid.

If Ethereal was built with support for SNMP MIB-file reading, it
requires UCD SNMP 4.2.2 or later (although you should use 4.2.4 or
later, as there are some buffer overflow bugs in earlier releases), or
NET-SNMP.  It will not work if it was dynamically linked with an SNMP
library and the SNMP shared library on your system is earlier than
4.2.2.

> 	I don't understand why I get this error because my Ethereal work
> correctly during 4 or 6 weeks (and it work intensively).

Somebody must've changed the SNMP library, or added a new version that
the run-time linker finds.