Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] configure: error: Header file net/bpf.h not found... But it

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:17:41 +0200
On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 08:00:21AM -0400, Novick, Jeff wrote:
>  configure: error: Header file net/bpf.h not found; if you installed libpcap
> from source, did you also do "make install-incl"?
>
> But, bpf.h is installed in /usr/include/pcap/net

We've had one report with this problem already and in that case it helped
to regenerate the configure from configure.in. Unfortunately the autogen.sh
script is not distributed with the release tarball. Please download
a testing tarball I created adn let me know if things work out ok with it:
http://www-agrw.informatik.uni-kl.de/~jmayer/ethereal-0.9.6.tar.gz
So basically it looks like a problem with configure when generated with
older autoconf or automake scripts.

 Ciao
        Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know