Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Building Ethereal 0.9.4 on FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:06:01 -0700
On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 04:56:05PM -0500, Aron Silverton wrote:
> >         glib-config --cflags
>
>           -I/usr/local/include/glib12
>
> >         glib-config --libs
>
>           -L/usr/local/lib -lglib12
>
> >         gtk-config --cflags
>
>           -I/usr/X11R6/include/glib12 -I/usr/local/glib12
>           -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
>
> >         gtk-config --libs
>
>           -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk12 -lgdk12
>           -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-E -lgmodule12 -lglib12 -lintl
>           -lXext -lX11 -lm

Well, those seem to work, so you'll have to look at the output of the
configure script, and the "config.log" file that it should leave in the
top-level Ethereal source directory, and figure out what it doesn't
like.

(Or give up on the ports collection entirely, and just download GLib
1.2[.x] and GTK+ 1.2[.x] source from www.gtk.org, configure, build, and
install them, and just use that version instead.

>From what you're reporting, there appear to be some signs of fragility
in the ports stuff - fragility of the "stuff from the ports collection
only works with other stuff from the ports collection, and stuff not
from the ports collection doesn't work with stuff from the ports
collection" sort.)