Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] next release?

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 01:06:43 +1000
I did not mean to say there SHOULD be releases every 4-6 weeks, as if it is
planned or there is any sort
of release schedule. I only meant that historically, new releases are often
4-6 weeks apart, based entirely on
looking at previous release dates.

There have been quite a lot of new protocols and features added to ethereal
in the last few
weeks which may increase the likelyhood of a release soon.

The next release MIGHT be in a few weeks, based on the observation that
USUALLY
there is a release every 4-6 weeks. It might also be in 6 months but no one
knows since there are no milestones,
no roadmap, no release schedule etc.
However, there is no schedule nor are there any plans so every new release
just comes completely unexpected
out of the blue without any prior warning.

If Gerald is planning to do a release he might post to this list if he has
any information to contribute.