Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] next release?

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:09:36 +1000
Hi,

Ethereal has no release roadmap and no planned schedules for releases.

However, new versions of ethereal has historically been released about once
every 4-6 weeks.
It is summer on the hemisphere where most ethereal developers live and
people may have vacations
planned. This may cause development/releases to be delayed/postponed.

Perhaps Gerald can answer when the next release is planned, it is usually he
that prepares and announces every release.

I can not compile w32 binaries for you, but if the release is not going to
occur in the immediate future and it
is really urgent for you to get a current CVS version to run on the w32
platform, then I can provide
you with a cygwin executable as a temporary solution.  However cygwin
executables can not capture from network interfaces, nor does plugins work
:-(

best regards
    ronnie sahlberg