Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: VoIP Sniffing

From: "Hector Villafuerte" <hec.villafuerte@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 21:22:34 -0600
Hi!

Andreas said:
> Filter out all traffic NOT going to/from the endpoints (and servers like
> gatekeepers) using a capture filter.
> ip hst 192.168.11.4 or ip hst 192.168.11.5 or ip hst 192.168.11.1

Part of the analysis is to know which hosts are producing voip traffic,
i.e.: I don't know the ip addresses of the endpoints... so, I think there is
nothing I can do about this (will have to capture every host's traffic)

Andreas also said:
> A couple of more suggestions:
> - Filter out all non tcp or udp traffic
> - filter out all non ethernet traffic

After trying for a while, I came out with this capture filter:

       tcp or udp or ether proto \ip

But I'm not quite sure about the ethernet part, would somebody
tell me if it's ok?

As always, thanks in advance!
Héctor