Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Interface not found

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:59:27 -0700
On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 05:04:53PM +0200, Stepping, Michael wrote:
> So, Experts, can anyone tell me, what is wrong with my machine?

It's running WinPcap 2.2beta, which, apparently, doesn't work on the OS
or networking interfaces/drivers on your machine, given that neither
Ethereal nor WinPcap can capture packets with it.

Given that WinPcap 2.02 was able to capture on those interfaces, this
might be a WinPcap 2.2beta bug; as the "beta" indicates, there may well
be bugs.

You should try uninstalling 2.2beta, and installing 2.1, to find out
whether the problem is new in 2.2beta or also existed in 2.1.  Then,
you should file a bug with the WinPcap developers; as the page at

	http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/winpcap/

says:

	Please send bug reports to winpcap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Give them all the information you've sent to us, and also let them know
what version of what particular flavor of Windows you're using.