Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Seeing non broadcast / multicast packets

From: "Tom Greaser" <tgreaser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:12:47 -0400
Hello all.

Im running a total switch network. But   sometimes i pickup some non broadcast / mulicast packets up on my sniff with ethereal...????

This is  driving me crazy as to how this can happen...

Im using ver 0.8.18 also i alwas run etherape along side ethereal to give me an idea of how much traffic my broadcast / multicasts are using...
its version  0.7.8 (if you dont have it goto  http://etherape.sourceforge.net )

Also for any NCP knowledge users out there... I see  some malformed packets sometimes  on my sniffes in the info field ... What is a malformed NCP packet and Why would i see it on the wire.. Shouldnt the server / client just ask for another packet instead of pushing the bad packet on the wire.  I only see this with NCP over IP  but i havent seen any malformed ncp over IPX thought >????????

thanks all