Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Unclear statement

From: Jeff Foster <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:36:32 -0500
From: Guy Harris [mailto:gharris@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 2:46 PM

> On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 11:56:34AM -0500, Jeff Foster wrote:
> > > "Capture files can me programmatically edited or converted via
> > command-line
> > > switches to the "editcap" program."
> >
> > Change the "me" to "be" and it comes closer to making sense. It means
that
> > you can use the "editcap" program to filter
>
> What sort of filtering are you referring to?  (If you mean "apply a
> display filter, so that only those packets in the input capture file
> that match the display filter will be written to the output capture
> file, there's already a program to do that, called "tethereal":

Hey I didn't write this stuff. I'm just guessing as to what the
original author meant. BTW, who did put that statement in? Maybe
they can explain it.

Jeff Foster
jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this
e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
****