Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] info string wrong length bug

From: "Andrew Barrington" <Andrew.Barrington@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 20:08:31 +0100
All,
     If I send a M3UA message containing an info string of for example "ginger"
followed by another M3UA message with an info string of for example "fred" with
the correct parameter lengths the string in this example displays as "freder"
for the second message. i.e. it seems to have remembered the previous string and
over written the changed chars whilst remembering the length of the previous
string.

Is this bug fixed in a later version/patch or is it the fact that ethereal is
expecting a null terminated string in the info string parameter (the string I am
sending is not null terminated - but then again the M3UA spec doesn't say
explicitly whether the string should be terminated or not !!!!).

Just for info this is M3UA running over TCP........

(The ethereal I am using is Version 0.8.15 compiled with GTK+ 1.2.6, with libcap
0.5, libz 1.1.3 without SNMP)

Thanks,

Andrew