Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 8.18, Unable to build with SNMP on RH 7.1 because ./co

From: Ron Flory <ron.flory@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 08:57:56 -0500
Hi-

 I imagine this issue will be resolved in Ethereal 8.19, but I hoped
there was a simple config script patch to allow 8.18 users to decode
SNMP pdu's under RedHat 7.1.

  Installed SNMP libs:

libsnmp-0.4.2.so
libsnmp.a
libsnmp.la
libsnmp.so -> libsnmp-0.4.2.so
libsnmp.so.0 -> libsnmp-0.4.2.so
libsnmp.so.0.4.2 -> libsnmp-0.4.2.so

  Installed 'crypt' files:

libcrypt.a
libcrypto.a
libcrypto.so -> libcrypto.so.0.9.6
libcrypto.so.0.9.6
libcrypto.so.1 -> libcrypto.so.0.9.6
libcrypt.so -> ../../lib/libcrypt.so.1

  Installed SNMP RPM's:

ucd-snmp-utils-4.2-12
ucd-snmp-4.2-12
ucd-snmp-devel-4.2-12

  Last part of './configure' output

checking whether to use SSL library if available... yes
checking whether to use SNMP library if available... yes
checking for ucd-snmp/snmp.h... yes
checking for ucd-snmp/version.h... yes
checking for snmp/snmp.h... no
checking for snmp/version.h... no
checking for sprint_objid in -lsnmp... no
checking for sprint_objid in -lsnmp... no
configure: error: SNMP header files found, but sprint_objid not found in
SNMP library.

  Yet running 'nm' on libraries shows 'sprint_objid' IS present:

nm libsnmp.a | grep sprint_objid  # static lib...
00002950 t _sprint_objid
00002c50 T sprint_objid   <---- provided here
         U sprint_objid

nm libsnmp.so.0 | grep sprint_objid  # shared lib...
0000d570 t _sprint_objid
0000d8d0 T sprint_objid   <---- provided here

ron