Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Newbie question regarding libcrypto.so.0

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 01:23:50 -0700
On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 07:54:31AM -0700, Marc Archer wrote:
> I've installed the ethereal-0.8.12 binary distribution from sun.freeware.com

That's a really old version of Ethereal, and there are bugs in it that
could probably cause crashes and that have been fixed since then.

The Written Word have Ethereal 0.8.16 binaries:

	ftp://ftp.thewrittenword.com/packages/free/by-name/ethereal-0.8.16/

Try those instead.

(We should perhaps consider eliminating the link to sunfreeware.com from
the Ethereal site, given that they have only Solaris 8 binaries of a
really old version of Ethereal.)