Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal rpm on Redhat 7.1 can't find libsnmp.so.0

From: David Moore <davem@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 14:07:17 -0400
I have several Red Hat 7.1 boxes that I have the same problem with trying to install Ethereal.

When I try to "rpm -ivh ethereal-base-0.8.18-1.i386.rpm" it insists that it can't find
"libsnmp.so.0".

I've installed "ucd-snmp-4.2-12.i386.rpm".
I've tried adding a soft link in "/lib" to point to the one in "usr/lib"
I did an "rpm -qa | grep snmp" and verified that all of the packages have the same version number.

I'm a recovering MS Windows addict, your help could save me from regressing.

		Thanks !