Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Major announcement

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:33:06 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

a) Ethereal(R) (the name) is ultimately owned by NIS Inc. Gerald couldn't
hang on to that name, so he renamed the program. What NIS Inc. is doing
with the name and the program is unknown.

b) Ethereal is 'dead in the water' (ready to be eaten by a shark :) )
All core developers went to work on Wireshark, since they feel that is
where the work continues. They have no more base to call home at
ethereal.com.

Now it's just a matter of working the user community to come over the
www.wireshark.org and enjoy the same fuzzy feeling. ;)

Thanx,
Jaap