Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Multiple/Recursive PDUs

Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:19:04 +0100
On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 03:20 -0600, Bill Florac wrote:
> Can one the re-use the same fields for multiple instances?  For example
> if a PDU contains a "flag" field, can I point the flag data from
> multiple PDU's to the same registered flag fields.  It seems to work but
> am I digging my self into a hole?

That does sound like ACN, if it is ACN you are writing a plugin for than
the PDU's aren't that special, they are just inside the same network
packet. You can add pretty much any field you like in the tree view and
have it reference the the correct offset and size in the network packet.

- Erwin

--
      Erwin Rol Software Engineering - http://www.erwinrol.com/
tel: +49-(0)8024-479378 gsm: +49-(0)171-6929198 email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx